The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rotkeil Sevs and Geo' Tapajos - Norwich

3 posters

Go down

Rotkeil Sevs and Geo' Tapajos -  Norwich Empty Rotkeil Sevs and Geo' Tapajos - Norwich

Post by kaivalagi Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi All,

I am having to sell my fish whilst I am working away from home for a few months, the better half is not well versed in fish care so I am taking this course of action as I don't want to see them suffer.

I have left:

4 x Male Rotkeil Sevs
3 x Geophagus Red Head Tapajos (2 are suspected long term pair, but only seen eggs once, before the sevs ate them all)
1 x Geophagus Dicrozoster (suspected, bought as tapajos but is not! Has the black Y banding on the underside of head)
1 x BN (female, small)

They're all adults, call it £10 each, less per fish if more than one is bought, up for negoiation.

The BN can go for free

All to be picked up from Norwich only, no posting.

I need rid by mid July at the latest Sad
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Rotkeil Sevs and Geo' Tapajos -  Norwich Empty Re: Rotkeil Sevs and Geo' Tapajos - Norwich

Post by kaivalagi Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:00 am

Bump
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Rotkeil Sevs and Geo' Tapajos -  Norwich Empty Re: Rotkeil Sevs and Geo' Tapajos - Norwich

Post by Star Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:15 am

Try contacting wills re the geo dicrozoster, he might be interested Smile I bet the rotties look great now Smile
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by kaivalagi Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:21 pm

Here's a vid:

Apologies for the algae infested tank, the glass hasn't been cleaned for a good long while. Still gets a 70% water change weekly.

The 2 Tapajos you see are the suspected pair, you also see 2 of the sevs (both males) and the suspected Dicrozoster at the end
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:55 am

Vid says its private Sad
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by kaivalagi Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:58 pm

Oops, should be viewable now
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kaivalagi Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:46 pm

No one interested and local to me? I am willing to negotiate on these already low prices, I do need to re-home these fish...
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kaivalagi Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:41 pm

Bump
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kaivalagi Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:15 am

UPDATE

It's very likely that the Geo's have found a new home all being well.

However I still haven't found homes for the Sevs, and they need to be gone by end of Thursday at the latest to allow me to have time to shut the tank down and clean it up before I am off.

I really can't travel to deliver or arrange postage at this late stage (too much on) but will give the fish away to anyone who can come to my door and pick them up, like mentioned the fish need to go as my family/folks are not able to tend to their needs whilst I am away for work for weeks at a time.
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kaivalagi Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Remaining 3 fish euthanatized as no-one would take them Sad This will be the first and last time I work away for a month at a time, I had hoped there would be more interest locally to take the fish or at the very least a shop willing to take them...I know what to expect next time.

I'll be restocking once I start a new contract, possibly late september to mid october, expecting to go with 1 or 2 Oscars but am toying with a Snakehead or some other oddball type fish...I am going to keep bigger and fewer fish once I restock tough, that is certain.

Cheers
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Flute Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:18 pm

So sorry to hear that you couldn't find them somewhere Sad If I had been local I would have taken them for you.
It sucks that even a shop wouldn't take them either Sad
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Post by kaivalagi Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Atleast I rehomed all the geos and 1 of the sevs...they'll all be staying together and joining another couple geos in a nice 400 tank Smile

But yeah it sucks to have to do what I did, I've had to remove dead fish in the past but not been the one to do the deed before....not nice. Although I can't help but feel if they had gone to a shop they would have suffered anyway...
kaivalagi
kaivalagi
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down