The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Male golden panchax

2 posters

Go down

Male golden panchax  Empty Male golden panchax

Post by Flute Fri May 18, 2012 6:25 pm

Seeing as we have no posts for killifish, I just thought I'd share a couple of photos of my male golden wonder killie up. He's an absolutely beautiful fish, really fun to watch and likes to hunt your fingers when you feed the tank.
I used to have two females with him which were lovely too, but he ended up beating them to death, so I wont be getting any more. Bit of a shame really as they are lovely fish, but I just don't want to buy more females for him to kill.

My god though he has a massive mouth- it's almost as if they can unhinge their jaws and fit crazy amounts of food into their gobs!

Male golden panchax  Panchax

Male golden panchax  Panchax2

Sorry for the dirty glass, it's in need of a good cleaning.
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Male golden panchax  Empty Re: Male golden panchax

Post by sjones_1 Fri May 18, 2012 6:47 pm

He's lovely!

Up until recently I had the wild colour varient of this species. Ap.lineatus. I've bred them in the past and it was quite surprising.

The adults lay eggs periodically throughout the day on spawning mops or plants/plant roots and can be collected easily as they are quite large. If you collect them over a few days obviously the fry hatch at different rates and they are really carnivorous. Older fry will eat younger siblings and swim around with them in their mouths until they can swallow them!

They're also excellent jumpers (even when young) so make sure you have a tight fitting lid.

Sam
sjones_1
sjones_1
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Flute Fri May 18, 2012 7:24 pm

The wild colourations are so pretty too Smile I've only ever seen the man made golden variety though.

God they sound vicious little babies! Razz

And yup, I learnt that the hard way a couple of months ago. He made a suicide attempt whilst my back was turned (heard a loud yelp and went to go check if the dog was ok), when I got back I put the lid back on and went to switch the light off. As I reached down for the switch I saw a dried out little body and thought "Poor little bugger". Picked him and he started to wriggle, so I chucked him back in the tank. Covered with dog hair and everything, but non the worse for ware! Very Happy
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down