The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

updating of myfishforsale

3 posters

Go down

updating of myfishforsale Empty updating of myfishforsale

Post by myfishforsale Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi all, just thought i'd share some of the odds and ends i'll be doing/have done to my site.

As most of you can see i have been pretty quite on the forums and i am sorry for this, i have however been making changes to mffs, no one as of yet is able to see what has been going on due to me working on a test site however i thought i would share in advance.

I am proud to say that coming to the main site very soon is a feedback importer, here users will be able to import feedback gained on sites such as ebay, amazon and ebid.
This i am hoping will show that some of the members on site are those of trusted well known users.

As always security is a big thing so we are including extra security, no one will be able to see this but should create a safer site, please remember though we don't save your important details so the worst case scenario at all times if we were to be hacked is emails will be taken. (However like i said we are adding more security to stop this)

adding more items for stores, at some point my fish for sale will have to charge for some features, sellers will ALWAYS be able to sell items for free and have no commission taken, however we are adding feaetures of which store owners or general sellers are able to use for a small fee, these are not forced up on anyone so as i said everyone will still always be able to sell for free.
these feautrues will include, a store owner the ability to have a piece on there auctions to display other auctions as well as a search box so a user can search through a store rather than the whole site, this can be done directly from the auction page.
we are hoping to add google analytics to stores too this will mean each store owner will have the ability to input there own google analytic codes and see how many users are looking at there store and possibly auctions.
we are hoping to give store owners the chance to have a newsletter too, this will mean if they have users who have added the store to there favourites that these users will be sent a newsletter directly from the store owner itself.
also discount vouchers, these can be displayed publically or privately.

forum, we will be adding a small basic forum built with in the site which won't require users to have to signup twice, this will users current login details, this WILL NOT be a fish forum more so a forum of which users can discuss the site whether it be wanted feautures, problems or just to generally talk about the site.

watcher numbers, here sellers will be able to see how many users are watching there items, similar to ebay.

review and guides, on each item users will be able to write a review and rate it, this will give people the chace of reading reviews before bidding/buying.
We will also be including guides, these will include tutorials on how to do things on site, users can add there piece too if wanted.

restricted bidding/buying, this will give the ability for a seller to only allow verified buyers/sellers to bid or buy this should then help with a piece of mind that it is a genuine bidder/buyer wanting there item. this can be selected once listing an item.

we are hoping to include more shipping options too, at current only one shipping option is availible but we are hoping to allow sellers to select as many as possible.

the above are all close in the working and can be seen over the next few weeks, on top of this more feautures are to be added however i have only so far listed above the ones i feel are more important.

In the future we are going to be adding a with in distance of post code section.
this is similar to ebay where a user can select show items with in a radius of there post code, this is in the future though as the database for this is very costly so i will have to get the money together first.

we are also hoping to have live bidding in the future too, at current if an item is bid on a buyer will have to refresh the page to see if a bid has been increase, we do not want this and are hoping for the bid to be automatically displayed. i have been close on this many times however we have created other problems by doing this.

Once updates are being included on site will create a repor of this so all users are able to see.
as always mffs will always do what we can in providing a nice and safe place for all users to buy and sell there aquatics for free, more advertising will be done once most of the above updates are done, however please expect this to be over the next couple of weeks.

Sorry for the long essay and hopefully things will go the way we want Smile

Take care all.
myfishforsale
myfishforsale
Fish Forum Member

http://www.myfishforsale.co.uk

Back to top Go down

updating of myfishforsale Empty Re: updating of myfishforsale

Post by Rusty Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:48 pm

This all sounds very good, the site is going in a very good direction.
Rusty
Rusty
Admin

https://thefishforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by myfishforsale Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 pm

Thank you Smile It's taking time but is slowly getting there, i want it to have the same abilities as people are used to with ebay but at the same time not copy what ebay does. i think the use of the feedback importer and a "with in distance" Auctions will boost the site.
I am now starting to see users who joined up at the start coming back and selling items so i am more than happy at the moment.
However i will need to do a mass advertising scheme in a minute to push the site out there.
myfishforsale
myfishforsale
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:09 pm

The distance thing is a brilliant idea, that is one of the useful things with AC and Ebay, because usually when I spot something I want its the other end of the country!!!!
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by myfishforsale Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:16 pm

The down side to that is it may take me a good 6 weeks or so to get it, the database for it is getting on £300 and it's not something i can put together myself, i was thinking of doing something like what AC has however it would make things harder for me once i add the Postcode database, i am still working on this side though Smile
myfishforsale
myfishforsale
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by myfishforsale Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:02 pm

Just a quick note to add to the above, the update didn't go a head this weekend as i had to spend it in hospital. i still have more work to do and haven't got the head to do what is needed, on another note i have a new logo, it's simple but very effective.
if you see the new logo this means a lot of the above has been uploaded and updated. Hopefully not long Smile
myfishforsale
myfishforsale
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by myfishforsale Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:29 pm

For the minute as regards to distances i will be adding a search by county option similar to aquarist classified, this is only a temporary thing however should do the job for the minute this will be found when users browse auctions.
still doing other jobs on the site at the same time however with a lost head it is very hard at the moment. Will update further as it progresses.
myfishforsale
myfishforsale
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by myfishforsale Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:12 pm

I have managed to get the search by county feature working.

here is the picture of how it will be, maybe be a couple of weeks before seen on the main site however hoping for it to be quicker.

Star deserves the credit it was here lovely idea Smile

updating of myfishforsale County

myfishforsale
myfishforsale
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Hey looks good Smile, I missed the earlier post that you were in hospital, hope your ok now.
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down