The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skinny Angelfish

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Skinny Angelfish - Page 2 Empty Skinny Angelfish

Post by Flute Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:58 am

First topic message reminder :

So of the 4 angels that I have, 2 are eating like pigs, one is doing ok but I would be happier if it ate more (it's slim, but obviously eating), and the last is really starting to become skinny now. It's a small Phillipene blue, with a body size of a 10p (maybe slightly bigger), and most of the time it just hides, or stares at plants, or swims in real close to another fish and stares at it (it's really odd to watch) and when it does try to feed, it only takes the movement of another fish to send it scooting for cover. It's the only one that I'm not seeing eating. Seems to be an odd little fellow.

I am starting to get worried about this one now though, as its definitely showing a sunken stomach. It's a beautiful fish, in really good condition and health otherwise, no rips or tares in the fins, but I just don't know why I can't get it to eat? I crush up the food small enough for it's mouth (and the other Phillipene blue does ok, and eats like a pig, and if it can't get what ever comes in from the top, he soon starts helping himself to any algae wafers on the bottom). So I'm wondering if I should separate the skinny one for a while to try and feed it up? Only problem is, I only have a spare 35 ltr, but at the size this little guy is, I think he'd be ok in it for a while.

I put vitazin in their foods 1 a week, and occasionally do the garlic thing. Any other suggestions? Anything I can do to entice him to eat? The little bugger wont even touch bloodworms and doesn't seem keen on frozen food at all!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I really don't want to loose this little one- he's a stunning fish.

Last edited by Flute on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Skinny Angelfish - Page 2 Empty Re: Skinny Angelfish

Post by Flute Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:30 pm

It was horrible to watch Sad One never seemed very strong from the start. But the other was fine- pigging out, growing like a weed. After the other one died though, it just started to starve itself, so I de-wormed the tank a second time just in case.

Separated him to the 35ltr in case it was bullying, and even got him two little companions of the same size to see if it would help (hence Ditch and Dent). It was really awful watching them both waste away at different times- I tried everything (I even started feeding live foods in an attempt to keep them going), but it's like they just gave up.

Really hoping the rest will thrive now. The two smokey blues have become giants in the tank (only had them for a couple of months and they're huge!), and the two I bought in a bid to save the Phillipine blue have already doubled or more in size in the nearly 3 weeks I've had them.
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum