The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sorry I've not been around

4 posters

Go down

Sorry I've not been around Empty Sorry I've not been around

Post by myfishforsale Sun May 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Hiya Guys And Girls, Sorry i've not been around much Sad, have been checking back but have nothing to post at the moment Sad

Currently fishless due to moving, being a bit skint at current too it maybe a couple of months or so before i get some fish back.
Not sure what setups i may go for next, Malawis were very cool due to colorings but i maybe tempted to try something else, I have yet to test water conditions here so i currently can't give any info on the ph i have.

Please don't think ive buggered off, i am here and have been reading but just have nothing to post at the moment, It's good to see the forum going again.

So again sorry and any ideas on what sort of setups i should go for? size of tanks will vary in the future from a 4ft being hopefully 350 litres of so to as small as small 60 litres i really am open to suggestions:D
myfishforsale
myfishforsale
Fish Forum Member

http://www.myfishforsale.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Sorry I've not been around Empty Re: Sorry I've not been around

Post by Star Sun May 06, 2012 4:36 pm

If you get a big tank I have 2 lovely oscars available lol. For the 350 you know I am going to suggest sa/ca cichlids lol just love them Smile
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by myfishforsale Sun May 06, 2012 4:43 pm

Haha Helloooooooooooooooooooooo Smile

I had a feeling you were going to pop by and make a comment like that lol.
I have looked in to oscars in the past but i'm not sure i can keep only a couple of fish in a big tank (May just be me being silly) I've seen a few around recently and they look great but you for one have mentioned the moods they like to be in haha.

What sort of sa/ca cichlids would you suggest? it could be my next way of going Smile
myfishforsale
myfishforsale
Fish Forum Member

http://www.myfishforsale.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Mon May 07, 2012 11:08 am

Don't worry about it mate.

And lol, those lovely oscars. I need more room xD

If you're going SA/CA cichlids I would recommend Severums, because mine is an absolute character, the most dramatic fish in the world, and I am officially at war with him about plants. And obviously they're good looking too.

Others could be Jack Dempseys, or a type of Acara (I love the port acara personally)
Rusty
Rusty
Admin

https://thefishforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Mon May 07, 2012 12:20 pm

There are loads to choose from, Severums are lovely characters, as Rusty said acara (aquidens) are also very nice (I still have some young aquidens metae yellow acara available Smile ). But steer clear of the aquidens rivulatus - the green terror, these are highly aggressive.

It depends on what you want from the tank with americans, you can have a single "wet pet" type with oscars, midas, red devil, jag sort of aggressive fish, or a cichlid community tank with severums, *Thorichthys, acara, festivums few corys for the bottom. If you want plants then severums are out, they eat anything green, not even java fern and anubias is safe (toughest plants going)

*Thorichthys are the elliotti, firemouth, aureus these are semi aggressive but mostly when breeding a single is usually ok in a community sort of tank.

The "wet pet" tank does not suit everyone, but if you want a fish that really interacts with you then the big/aggressive sorts like oscars, once you have one in a tank on its own you dont want anything else. I will admit I used to think oscars were bug ugly fish, but they started to creep under my skin, hence getting Rusty lol.

Or you could go to the other end of the scale to the dwarf species, apistogramma, Laetacara, bolivian rams, rainbow cichlids (stay away from german rams they need different requirements) with a couple of angels/acara (not blue acara they can be too aggressive top mix with dwarfs) as "centrepiece fish"

There are so many options its mind blowing, even with all the tanks I have now I am still not satisfied.

The best thing to do is have a google at some of the fish available. This is a good site for pictures, but no information.
http://www.hippocampus-bildarchiv.com/db/eng/62/2/68/0/list_South%20&%20Central%20America%20.htm

Hope this helps, but I doubt it will, because now you have to try and choose lol lol Smile
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Flute Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Nannacara anomala? Gorgeous little cichlid Smile
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down