The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid mistake nearly killed Meatball & Noodle :(

2 posters

Go down

Stupid mistake nearly killed Meatball & Noodle :( Empty Stupid mistake nearly killed Meatball & Noodle :(

Post by Star Sat May 05, 2012 10:18 am

I have had a hectic week with moving fish, weatherloach spawning, one of the filters on Chops's tank packing up on me. Luckily with moving the weatherloach and adding an internal filter for the eggs I was able to pinch the aps 2000ef filter to use on Chops's tank leaving me with a spare external. I thought as Meatball & noodle are obviously going to be here a while (still no one wants 2 free oscars Sad) I would put the spare external on their tank.

After getting savaged by Meatball a couple of times I realised that the intake pipe was far too long for the 240 (being not as high as the 300 & 400l tanks) so I had to angle the intake pipe so I lent it on the suckers for the heater, meaning to go and find some suckers to secure the intake pipe. As usual in my house with kids playing up, puppies needing attention and one thing after another I didnt return to meatball & noodles tank until feeding time, seeing the pipe was where I left it I thought it was fine, fed them and got on with other stuff. In the morning I went to feed them and found them both lying on the bottom looking sick. I lifted the lid and stuck my hand in the tank, instantly realising the problem the water was freezing. I checked the heater it was plugged in and working, but because I had put the intake pipe above the heater the warmed water went straight up the intake out of the tank which of course cooled the water as the pipes and filter were exposed to the cool air in the conservatory.

I moved the heater and did a 10% waterchange using very warm water, the tank temperature was 17c over the day it slowly raised to 21c and meatball & noodle went back to their normal naughty selves. Thankfully 24 hours later the temperature has risen back to 25c (still abit fast Sad).

Thankfully Meatball & Noodle are fine after their cold bath! it hasnt cooled meatball's temper though lol
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Stupid mistake nearly killed Meatball & Noodle :( Empty Re: Stupid mistake nearly killed Meatball & Noodle :(

Post by AN7NY Sat May 05, 2012 11:39 am

glad to hear youv fixed it,
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Stupid mistake nearly killed Meatball & Noodle :( Empty Re: Stupid mistake nearly killed Meatball & Noodle :(

Post by Star Sat May 05, 2012 12:02 pm

Me too Smile prooves they are tough little cookies Smile
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by AN7NY Sat May 05, 2012 12:45 pm

O, i no they are, ya cant keep a good oscar down ,lol
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Sat May 05, 2012 1:07 pm

lol you can if you drop the tank lid down fast enough when they jump lol
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by AN7NY Sat May 05, 2012 1:17 pm

lmao.
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum