The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I think I'm bored of fish...

2 posters

Go down

I think I'm bored of fish... Empty I think I'm bored of fish...

Post by sjones_1 Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:40 pm

On the way home tonight I went to two fish shops and didn't see a single fish I wanted.

I've had the 'itch' to get some fish for a while but cannot find anything that takes my fancy. I'm also limited on space so can't have lots of tanks with many different species to keep me busy like I normally would. I don't know how people with one tank do it.

Literally any suggestions welcome!

As I don't have any of my books here (and I've read them countless times) are there any good websites that list fish species? I'm just looking for inspiration.

Sam
sjones_1
sjones_1
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

I think I'm bored of fish... Empty Re: I think I'm bored of fish...

Post by Star Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:14 pm

What size tanks do you have? what have you kept before? I have gotten really into dwarf cichlids at the moment, I want them all lol

This site is pretty good for pictures of lots of different fish, then you can go a googling what you fancy Smile

http://www.hippocampus-bildarchiv.com/db/eng/6/1/0/0/list.htm
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by sjones_1 Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi Star, Thank you for your help. That website's brilliant. Still nothing took my fancy after a quick search but there's so many I'll have to spend much longer looking.

Part of the problem is I am seriously limited on tank space and so I may want something but cannot have it. This is my problem, I can't find anything I want that will go in what I have. I also prefer to breed my fish rather than just keep them so I'm looking for something to breed not just keep. In the past I've had many different tanks with many different species and bred and raised them all at the same time. I like this as I was always kept busy doing something 'fishy'.

The tank I have in mind is a small (15") tank that has soft water and high flow. Taking into account the above, this is a very hard list of requirements to fit to.

I like dwarf cichlids and as the tanks so small they do fit well but I think the high flow would be a problem for them? I have thought some nice rams might work but often find them to be weak and small in shops.

Sam
sjones_1
sjones_1
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:53 am

to be honest with rams you are better off going to a hobby breeder rather than a shop, I have noticed the same with shop bought rams, I cant keep them each time I try they just die in a few months Smile some of the laeacara you might be ok with or apistogramma
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down