The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The plan

2 posters

Go down

The plan Empty The plan

Post by Star Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:26 pm

Jotting this down here our fish plan:

Koi going, move harry & co into koi tank (with heater!)
re-seal Harry's tank and exchange rotting stand for good one.
Move Harry & co back into their refurbished tank.

Move Bill & Eric & co into old koi tank. Refurbish their tank with sealent to stop dribble.
Swap bill & eric's tank with the Belem tank which is twisted/worst scratched. Pinch the 2 brace bars for the spare 400
Where eric & bills tank was, move Chops & co using the spare 400. (need light unit & hubby build stand)

Bring in 400l (old koi tank with eric & co) into where Chops's tank was for eric & bill & co. (need light unit)

Chops's old tank then re-seal and put into the conservatory where meatball & noodle are giving them a larger tank. Sell their 240l tank using working light bar off the belem's tank. (hopefully giving us the cash to buy light units for the 2 400l tanks *gulp) and/or sell spare 260 and keep 240 for emergencies!

Old belem tank then can be used to give falkor the dragon a bigger home. - falcors old tank can then be sold as a sump tank.

In conservatory bring in the new turtle tank and set up where the old 400l koi tank was.

Simples Smile OMG this is going to be a ruddy nightmare affraid
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

The plan Empty Re: The plan

Post by Flute Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:34 pm

You are a very brave lady Razz I'm dreading moving two tanks let alone moving that many fish and tanks! Have you managed to sell the koi then?
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:11 pm

It has to be done Sad got so many fish now that are permanent residents, looks like meatball & noodle are staying for the forseeable future anyway. I have to move these 4 metae into a bigger tank soon too Sad. The koi will be going this week, just waiting for the person to arrange collection. Trouble is I have the 2 weather loach to house somewhere now Sad, my coolest tank is Rusty's but he would swallow them even though they are 8", next is Chops he cant eat them as he cant get his mouth open that wide, but not sure if I trust him! they might have to go in with meatball & noodle, their temperature can come down now they are fit and healthy and eat well.
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Part 1 started, the koi went today. Very sad as I have had big girl a while, they were so confused what the net was and big girl tried to jump out of the container the man brought to take them home in. I had to stroke her and talk to her to calm her down, which she did, the mans wife said that he would have to do that as the fish were obviously used to being spoilt lol.

Plan for tomorrow is to remove the filter clean it all out and set it up on Chops's tank using the media from the two smaller filters he has at the moment. Move the weather loach in with the belem's, the temperature is a little high for them, but I dare not put them in with Chops or Rusty as their tanks are the cooler ones, I might try them in with meatball & noodle, but I dont trust meatball not to try and eat them and as they are scaleless he might harm them. Then its empty the tank clean it all up and seal round the top where the dribble is. Once thats cured for a few days I will start moving fish into it (harry & co) so I can repair Harry's tank. This is if I can find my blooming sealer!!!!!!!!!!
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Wed May 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Well the plan came to a grinding halt with the weather loach spawning, but will be back on track asap! Smile
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum