The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Star Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:47 pm

excited only 1 it looks around 3-4 weeks old I have been sucking gunk off the sand each week and most likely sucked some fry up. So pleased to see one though, I thought they didnt like the tank as they kept spawning and eating the eggs Smile

Last edited by Star on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by ladygoodwrench Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:17 pm

Congratulations!!
ladygoodwrench
ladygoodwrench
Fish Forum Member

http://autotechsonline.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Rusty Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:01 pm

Interesting stuff, hope to see some photos when it grows a little more Smile
Rusty
Rusty
Admin

https://thefishforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:33 pm

I have managed to get one photo, Misty and Flash are really aggressive parents and as soon as I go near with the camera Misty grabs junior in her mouth!
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:38 pm

Finally managed to get a pic of the little one, not easy as Misty will not let junior out of her sight!! he/she is just under her anal fin Smile

I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! 002-54
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Flute Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:46 pm

My god that is tiny Razz You have sharp eyes to spot that!
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Considering mum is 2" he/she is just a dot lol
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:35 pm

I thought this little one had been eaten as mum had a new batch, I managed to catch the 3 she had today and transfer them to the fry tank, as I was giving the tank a good clean this guy shot out of the plants, he is acout 1cm long (I say he I have no idea) I am really please he is surviving in the main tank I did want to move him with the others but by the time I got the pipe he had vanished again.
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by AN7NY Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:19 pm

congrats.
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:42 pm

The 3 I caught and move in with the cac fry are doing well and growing nicely, I havnt seen the one that was left in the main tank for ages now Sad
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:02 pm

excited Its in the tank still the little one from my first batch, only its about 1cm long now, I think its a female. Now I am worried I am doing something wrong, I have all female cac fry the other 3 baenchi I cant tell yet, but this one looks female. I need to find out why I only seem to be getting females Sad
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:25 pm

From what I can remember the sex of Apistogramma can be effected by water temperature and PH values,

To get some males in a batch try raising the temp to 24-25 and dropping the PH towards 5.5-6
Rusty
Rusty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Temperature was 25, ph 6 so that might be it Smile wil drop the temp a little more. I have been battling algae in the cac tank so was doing extra wc now thats sorted I will drop in some more alder cones etc Smile cheers flower x
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:54 pm

Finally managed to get a picture of the little one, I was quite shocked to see the blue colouration in the photograph, you cant see it (well I cant) on him in the tank, I think its a boy Smile

I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! 001-72

I got A. Baenschi fry......ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!! 002-64
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by ladygoodwrench Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:46 pm

He is adorable!!
ladygoodwrench
ladygoodwrench
Fish Forum Member

http://autotechsonline.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rusty Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:12 am

Gorgeous little fish!
Rusty
Rusty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum