The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for a home for 2 little oscars

3 posters

Go down

Looking for a home for 2 little oscars Empty Looking for a home for 2 little oscars

Post by Star Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:15 pm

I have 2 rescue oscars, which I sadly cannot keep, anyone wishing to take them on get in touch Smile

Looking for a home for 2 little oscars 003-65

The bite marks are all healing and they get on together very well, at the moment, I will split them if necessary.
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Looking for a home for 2 little oscars Empty Re: Looking for a home for 2 little oscars

Post by AN7NY Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:56 pm

would they be ok in a 180 untill big enought to go in witn a 12"rtc an some monos,
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Looking for a home for 2 little oscars Empty Re: Looking for a home for 2 little oscars

Post by Star Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:32 pm

I have them in a 240 at the moment they are only about 5" if you want me to hold them for a couple of months I am sure they will grow the rate they are eating lol they would grow quicker in the 240 than a 180. If you want to come and have a look at them first you are most welcome Smile
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by AN7NY Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:02 pm

if you still have them when they are abit bigger id take them off ya but dont reserve them just for me as im not sure how my monos will be with them, thanks for offerin to hold them though, Very Happy
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:32 pm

There is talks going on a the moment about me keeping them once the koi have gone, I will have a spare larger tank Smile will have to see what happens. I am in no rush for them to go the 240 is plenty big enough for at least 6 months for them, a good home is the major thing Smile
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by AN7NY Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:35 pm

lol, if i was you id keep them.
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 pm

I did get asked today by a neighbours friend if he could have them, he had a massive tank (he said) , so I asked "how big is massive" he said "ooh its 3ft long by a foot wide", so I brought him into the house and showed him Rusty, he soon decided his 3 ft tank wasnt big enough lol lol lol.

Although after he left the shyer one... this one..

Looking for a home for 2 little oscars 005-49

Showed its gratitude when I was feeding them some frozen cichlid mix by jumping out of the tank and hanging on my finger. little bugger drew blood!! Chops 2

dur du dur du
du du dur du
du du dur du (jaws theme lol)
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Flute Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:59 pm

lmao, oh dear! Very Happy Their tank isn't anywhere near Chops, is it? They'll be learning even more bad habits.

They've got such lovely markings. If I had the tank I'd take them for you Sad There's a huge oscar at my LFS which I point out to my OH every time. I give him puppy dog eyes and everything but all I get is a no Razz
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:04 pm

Noooo they are in the conservatory well away from Chops's influence lol. I have to admit they both do have lovely markings, the shyer one is almost wild caught marked, but no doubt these will change over time. You will have to work on oh Flute, there is nothing like an oscar, its why I just cannot understand why so many need homes or get sold on, they are no 1 in the comedy department.
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Flute Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:46 am

He must be communicating through other means then Razz

How are they doing today? Smile Any improvement with the marks on their heads?

And I know, I know Razz You've taught me well Star, just wait and see. I'll have an oscar before long Razz
Flute
Flute
Fish Forum Member

http://rachellefryatt.blogspot.co.uk/p/art.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:29 pm

I always used to think oscars were ugly fish and had no interest, they I "met" a couple and saw past the grumpy looking face. I have to admit I can see why so many oscars are bought on impulse, there is nothing quite like seeing a tank full of baby oscars with their huge eyes all wagging.

My bite lol, really hard to take a picture of my right hand lol lol, its only a nick but god it was sore.
Looking for a home for 2 little oscars 001-65

All their bite marks have now healed and they are filling out nicely Smile

This is the biter lol
Looking for a home for 2 little oscars 002-58

This one had the worst bite marks.
Looking for a home for 2 little oscars 003-67

Feeeeeeeeeeeeed us!
Looking for a home for 2 little oscars 004-58

Stroppy oscars swimming off as the camera is not edible lol
Looking for a home for 2 little oscars 005-50
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by AN7NY Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:47 pm

their colours are lookin good now they are starting to settle in.
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Fri May 25, 2012 3:52 pm

A sad goodbye to meatball & noodle today, really upset they have gone, but also happy because my patience waiting for the right home paid off. A friend of the two JW ladies that visit have taken them both. They have gone to live in a 7 x 2 x 2 tank with a parrot fish, a syno cat and a clownloach. They recently lost their oscar after having him 12 years from a 2" tiddler. Very knowledgeable couple regarding fish so a good outcome for these two little darlings Smile
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by AN7NY Fri May 25, 2012 3:59 pm

glad to hear they gon to a good home
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down