The Fish Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

:( Looks like I am going to loose oddbodd

5 posters

Go down

:( Looks like I am going to loose oddbodd Empty :( Looks like I am going to loose oddbodd

Post by Star Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:36 pm

My lovely little convict x severum has developed a lump under his gill plate Sad, he is starting to breath quite heavily as the lump is now taking up half the space behind his gills Sad. I wish I knew why my fish seem to get tumours Sad or is it just bad luck.
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

:( Looks like I am going to loose oddbodd Empty Re: :( Looks like I am going to loose oddbodd

Post by Rusty Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:40 am

This is terrible news.

How does he fare??
Rusty
Rusty
Admin

https://thefishforum.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

:( Looks like I am going to loose oddbodd Empty Re: :( Looks like I am going to loose oddbodd

Post by dipsydoodlenoodle Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:35 pm

Any news today?
dipsydoodlenoodle
dipsydoodlenoodle
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:18 pm

He is still swimming around, having a go at the other fish, he seems to be coping well eating fine etc, just breathing harder than normal. I have contemplated trying to catch him and see if I can "pop" it with a pin or something, but fear the stress of being chased around the tank and handled would do more harm than good and not knowing what it is doenst help Sad, It must be some tumour like lump because he is in a 300l tank with 2 1400l/hr filters running, both uv are on. I have increased the air into the tank to try and help, hubby has said to set up another tank but again the stress of chasing him round the tank trying to catch him Sad just dont know what to do Sad
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by AN7NY Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:11 pm

I hope he starts breathing better soon.
AN7NY
AN7NY
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:58 pm

Oddbodd is still battling on, the lump is still there, but I think it is going down, whether this is wishful thinking I am not 100% sure as the little bugger will not turn around in the tank to show me the lump, he has taken to swimming backwards or turning round behind the wood and swimming behind everything until he gets to the other end. Good news is he is still eating and attacking the other fish, but his breathing is concerning me still.
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by rdp50734 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:53 am

Have you considered dosing ozone? It is far far more effective at killing parasites/germs etc...

Really easy especially if you dose it at night.
rdp50734
rdp50734
Fish Forum Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Star Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks R, he seems to be doing fine. I still cant get a picture, but it does look like some sort of tumour not fluid filled as I first thought, it could be anything.
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum